Criminal case service refers to the process by which criminal cases are handled by the legal system. This includes the investigation, arrest, and charging of suspects, as well as the trial and sentencing of those found guilty. It also includes the provision of legal representation for defendants, as well as support and services for victims and their families. The exact details of the criminal case service process vary depending on the jurisdiction and type of case.
The process of criminal case varies by country and jurisdiction, but typically involves the following steps:
• Investigation: The police or other law enforcement agencies conduct an investigation to gather evidence and identify suspects.
• Arrest: Once a suspect is identified, they may be arrested and taken into custody.
• Charge: The suspect is formally charged with a crime.
• Bail: The suspect may be eligible for bail, which allows them to be released from custody while they await trial.
• Pretrial: The suspect’s attorney and the prosecution exchange evidence and prepare for trial.
• Plea bargaining: The suspect and the prosecution may negotiate a plea bargain, in which the suspect pleads guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for a reduced sentence.
• Trial: If the case goes to trial, a jury or judge will hear evidence and determine whether the suspect is guilty or innocent.
• Sentencing: If the suspect is found guilty, they will be sentenced, which may include fines, imprisonment, or other penalties.
• Appeal: Either side can appeal the decision if there is any legal ground to do so, it will be heard by higher court.
Please note that the above steps may vary in different jurisdiction and country, and it’s important to consult a lawyer for legal advice or guidance.
Criminal Case FAQs
A criminal case involves the government bringing charges against an individual for committing a crime, while a civil case typically involves a dispute between two or more parties over a legal matter such as a contract dispute or personal injury.
The length of a criminal case can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the jurisdiction. Some cases may be resolved quickly through plea bargaining, while others may take months or even years to reach a trial.
The possible outcomes of a criminal case can include acquittal, conviction, or dismissal of charges. If the defendant is convicted, the sentence may include fines, probation, or imprisonment.
Case? Get the justice You Deserve.
We work all over India in District Court and High Court since last 6 years.